Saturday, August 11, 2012

Apologies

A quick post to say that I only meant and mean to stick to facts as I remember them when posting on the Falcon's Fortress. This especially pertains to Destiny's End content. It wasn't necessarily my intention to put people down, but sometimes situations and memories have provoked a strong response from me. I'm mainly referring to my old bandmates James Rivera and Nardo Andi, and Metal Blade Records personnel like Brian Slagel and Bill Metoyer. They have their own lives to lead, just as I have mine. There were cases when published interviews with other DE members damaged my reputation in the global heavy metal press, and there are rifts between members to a certain extent. I was young, not stupid. Drugs (no, not my usage) played a big role in the deterioration of DE. Then there's the relationship between the original DE members and our label. A label that claimed for years they owed the band publishing royalties and without following through on paying. This is nothing new when you start talking about band politics. I don't regret my decision to leave DE, and I've wanted to tell my side of the story for many years. This blog has allowed me to do just that. It took quite a while for me to feel comfortable sharing my reasons for bailing from DE in 2000. If my words portray people in a negative light, it's just how I remember things. Such as the absence of my picture from the Transition CD. That's just the tip of the iceberg in the scheme of things DE-related. On one hand I'm sorry about the negativity. On another it feels good to let out the truth as I experienced it. I guess this is a bit of an apology of sorts.

We are all fallible as human beings. I have tried to keep my nose as clean as possible in the chaotic roller coaster ride of the heavy rock and metal community. A few beers throughout the years to be social.

All the best,

P

No comments: